The Laboratory of Artificial Perception, Systems and Cybernetics (LUKS) is part of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. The laboratory conducts research work in different areas of signal processing and pattern recognition and organizes various courses that are part of the undergraduate and doctoral studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engeeniring UL. Courses held by the members of LUKS include: pattern recognition, signal processing, signal analysis, informatics in automation, artificial intelligence, biometric systems, random processess and signals, language and web technologies, and information theory and coding.
The research activities of the members of LUKS are mainly focused on two areas, i.e., speech and image technologies. Our research in the area of speech technologies is relates heavily to Slovenian speech, where we address problems related to large-scale vocabulary speech recognition, (slovenian, emotional) speech synthesis, dialogoue systems, human-machine interaction, speaker recognition and alike. In the field of image technologies our research is centers around biometrics (face recognition, palm-print recognition, fingerprint recognition, etc.). Our members participate in the organization of various conferences, collaborate with Universities around the world and work with different partners from the industry.
- IET Biometrics: Special Issue on Unconstrained Ear Recognition (CFP) January 24, 2017
- Unconstrained Ear Recognition Challenge – Call for Participants December 16, 2016
- IMAVIS special issue on Biometrics in the Wild (CFP) November 29, 2016
- Workshop on Biometrics in the Wild 2017 (CFP) November 2, 2016
- Paper on robust depth imaging published in Sensors November 2, 2016
- Best paper award at the pattern recognition section at ERK 2016 September 27, 2016
- Annotated Web Ears (AWE) dataset available September 17, 2016
- Teaching tab updated September 10, 2016
- Three papers accepted for ERK 2016 August 23, 2016
- Paper accepted for IEEE BTAS 2016 July 27, 2016